Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat

Usually my CVS is the last place to get any new polishes, but when I stopped there today, they actually had the new Sally Hansen crackle polishes. Yay!!! Since they were buy 1 get 1 half off, I got two to try out.
I got white, Snow Blast, and pink, Fuchsia Shock.






I did quick swatches of them over Sinful Colors Nail Junkie (which hasn't chipped after 4 days!!), no top coat. These polishes work better with thicker coats; the thicker the coat, the larger and more noticeable the cracks (like with the pink). If it's too thin, it doesn't really crackle, just goes on as a film over the polish (you can see it most in the white on my pinky finger).




The formula is nice. Not as thick as the OPI shatters, and easy to work with. I'm already planning my next trip to the store to pick up some more of these...the gold one is calling to me ;)







Til next time, loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment